Are you lucky?

Follow hanmireddy on Twitter

Friday, October 30, 2009

The game is my life: Michael Jordan


Michael Jordan quotations



"The game is my wife. It demands loyalty and responsibility, and it gives me back fulfillment and peace."



"My body could stand the crutches but my mind couldn’t stand the sideline."



"Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen."



"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."



"The game is my life. It demands loyalty and responsibility, and it gives me back fulfillment and peace. "



"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships. "



"My heroes are and were my parents. I can't see having anyone else as my heroes."



"My attitude is that if you push me towards something that you think is a weakness, then I will turn that perceived weakness into a strength. "



"I've never been afraid to fail."



"I play to win, whether during practice or a real game. And I will not let anything get in the way of me and my competitive enthusiasm to win."



"I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying."



"Even when I'm old and grey, I won't be able to play it, but I'll still love the game. "



"I've always believed that if you put in the work, the results will come. I don't do things half-heartedly. Because I know if I do, then I can expect half-hearted results."



"Always turn a negative situation into a positive situation. "



"I realized that if I was going to achieve anything in life I had to be aggressive. I had to get out there and go for it... I know fear is an obstacle for some people, but it's an illusion to me. "



"If it turns out that my best wasn't good enough, at least I won't look back and say that I was afraid to try; failure makes me work even harder. "



"I've failed over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed. "



"Just play. Have fun. Enjoy the game."



"I never looked at the consequences of missing a big shot... when you think about the consequences you always think of a negative result."



"If you're trying to achieve, there will be roadblocks. I've had them; everybody has had them. But obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it."



"You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them."


Sameera Reddy
“The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge”

Bertrand Russell

No comments: