Are you lucky?

Follow hanmireddy on Twitter

Friday, February 19, 2010

Defining Success

Defining Success

By Subroto Bagchi

Success to me is about vision. It is about giving back more to life than you take out of it. It is about creating extraordinary success with ordinary lives.

To me, the lesson was significant – you treat small people with more respect than how you treat big people. It is more important to respect your subordinates than your superiors.

That lesson was about showing consideration to others. Business begins and ends with that simple precept.

It is important not to measure personal success and sense of well being through material possession.

Whenever I am given a new place, I must leave it more beautiful than what I had inherited. That was my first lesson in success. It is not about what you create for yourself, it is what you leave behind that defines success.

Imagination is everything. If we can imagine a future, we can create it, if we can create that future, others will live in it. That is the essence of success.


To me, success is about the sense of independence; it is about not seeing the world but seeing the light.
Success to me is about vision. It is the ability to rise above the immediacy of pain. It is about imagination. It is about sensitivity to small people. It is about building inclusion. It is about connectedness to a larger world existence. It is about personal tenacity. It is about giving back more to life that you take out of it. It is about creating extraordinary success with ordinary lives.

source: yojana

No comments: