Are you lucky?

Follow hanmireddy on Twitter

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

3 gates to hell


Bhagavad Gita Quotes

Hell has three gates: lust, anger, and greed ~

~ I desire neither victory nor pleasure nor kingdom, O Krishna. What is the use of the kingdom, or enjoyment, or even life? ~



~ This yoga should be practiced with firm determination and perseverance, without any mental reservation or doubts. ~



~ Out of compassion I destroy the darkness of their ignorance. From within them I light the lamp of wisdom and dispel all darkness from their lives ~



~ Out of compassion I destroy the darkness of their ignorance. From within them I light the lamp of wisdom and dispel all darkness from their lives. ~



~ The soul who meditates on the Self is content to serve the Self and rests satisfied within the Self; there remains nothing more for him to accomplish ~



~ Those who eat too much or eat too little, who sleep too much or sleep too little, will not succeed in meditation. But those who are temperate in eating and sleeping, work and recreation, will come to the end of sorrow through meditation. ~



~ Still your mind in me, still yourself in me, and without a doubt you shall be united with me, Lord of Love, dwelling in your heart. ~



~ Just as a fire is covered by smoke and a mirror is obscured by dust, just as the embryo rests deep within the womb, wisdom is hidden by selfish desire. ~



~ If due to ego you think: I shall not fight; this resolve of yours is vain. Your own nature will compel you. ~



~ The serenity of mind, gentleness, silence, self-restraint, and the purity of mind are called the austerity of thought. ~


Still your mind in me, still yourself in me, and without a doubt you shall be united with me, Lord of Love, dwelling in your heart. ~



~ The person whose mind is always free from attachment, who has subdued the mind and senses, and who is free from desires, attains the supreme perfection of freedom from Karma through renunciation. ~



~ Governing sense, mind and intellect, intent on liberation, free from desire, fear and anger, the sage is forever free ~
send an e card Bhagavad Gita

~ Better indeed is knowledge than mechanical practice. Better than knowledge is meditation. But better still is surrender of attachment to results, because there follows immediate peace. ~

No comments: