Are you lucky?

Follow hanmireddy on Twitter

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Love is the only force...


"Not everything that can be counted, counts. And not everything that counts can be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Don't GO through Life... G R O W through Life" -Eric Butterworth

avatar
"Show me a thoroughly satisfied man and I will show you a failure." - Thomas Edison

Tiger
"It is always wise to look ahead, but difficult to look further than you can see." Winston ChurchillDelete

Become the kind of leader that people would follow voluntarily; even if you had no title or position. -Brian Tracy

cooliris_window
"It is never too late to be who you might have been." George Eliot

i-pad
"Forget injuries, never forget kindnesses." ~ Confucius

Love in my eyes



You can make up any quote, put it on a tea bag and attribute it to Chinese Proverb" - Chinese Proverb


"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new"-Einstein

Miraculous
Passengers wait on the wings of US Airways Flight 1549, an Airbus 320 that was safely ditched in the Hudson River after a flock of birds knocked out both its engines. This photograph was taken by artist Steven Day. He recalls, "I have a freelance job on 47th street, on the 8th floor. I was working on my computer when someone passed by me and said, 'what is that?' So I instinctually grabbed my camera —I'm working on a series that involves recording the world around me — and went to the window and started shooting. My initial reaction was 'this must be an exercise.' It didn't occur to me that it was a plane until I zoomed in, because they were just moving down the river like a boat. I mean, you just don't see people standing on the wings of an airplane in the middle of the Hudson River. Alive...The river was moving so fast it was only a matter of seconds before the plane floated past us. The photo here is one of the first frames I took, there's actually a water taxi approaching that ended up being cropped out. Very quickly there were 4 or 5 ferries responding, and passengers were being taken on board. It was strangely calming. This was an incredible situation, and everyone was there and they knew what their job was and what their limitations were and they were just waiting to be rescued."



Read more at: TIME


I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members." - Groucho Marx

Tomorrow is the only day in the year that appeals to a lazy man." - Jimmy Lyons

Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into friend." - Martin Luther King




Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. -Dale Carnegie


Al Rawcheh Rock near Beirut, Lebanon
Failure... teaches SUCCESS." ~Japanese Saying





"What Is Success"
by Ralph Waldo Emerson
To laugh often and much;
To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children;
To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends;
To appreciate beauty;
To find the best in others;
To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition;
To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived;
This is to have succeeded

No comments: