Are you lucky?

Follow hanmireddy on Twitter

Friday, November 26, 2010

The real test is this: Did I make my best effort on every play?”



Skiers and snowboarders in lift line on Mt. Hood
All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother- Abraham Lincoln

Whitewater kayaking over waterfall

“We compete, not so much against an opponent, but against ourselves. The real test is this: Did I make my best effort on every play?”
Bud Wilkinson


Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
Lou Holtz

“It's not the will to win, but the will to prepare to win that makes the difference.”
Bear Bryant

Don't tell your problems to people: eighty percent don't care; and the other twenty percent are glad you have them”
Lou Holtz

“The superior man blames himself. The inferior man blames others.”
Don Shula


picnic tables at white sands
In the dime stores and bus stations, people talk of situations, read books, repeat quotations, draw conclusions on the wall. ~ Bob Dylan

Imagination and fiction make up more than three quarters of our real life. ~ Simone Weil

How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them. ~ Benjamin Franklin

God enters by a private door into every individual. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Character is the result of two things: mental attitude and the way we spend our time. ~ Elbert Hubbard

Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure. ~ Oprah Winfrey

An unlimited power to tax involves, necessarily, the power to destroy. ~ Daniel Webster

I can be in 20 movies. But I'll never be an actor. ~ Jon Stewart

The revelation of thought takes men out of servitude into freedom. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

The invariable mark of wisdom is to see the miraculous in the common. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

from the Eiffel tower....
Life is partly what we make it, and partly what it is made by the friends we choose. ~ Tennessee Williams
The essence of a free government consists in an effectual control of rivalries. ~ John Adams

Organization charts and fancy titles count for next to nothing. ~ Colin Powell

I have always been regretting that I was not as wise as the day I was born. ~ Henry David Thoreau

I have always found that mercy bears richer fruits than strict justice. ~ Abraham Lincoln

A Two-tailed Tiger Swallowtail butterfly (Papilio multicaudata) alights on a flower in a garden in Mexico City


Regret for wasted time is more wasted time.
Mason Cooley

No comments: